Words in blue have links click them for more details.
Please review HPSA’s 2017-18 tournament schedule, mark your calendars and let your team manager know of any conflicts ASAP. Found under the Events Calendar Tab.
|November 17-19||Primetime Sport’s 11th Annual Thanksgiving Shootout
04B, 06B NAVY, 07B, 07G, & 08G All Game Schedules
CDA City Classic 2017 – 05B, 08B, 09B, 10G-Gold, & 10B All Game Schedules
League Challenge Cup – 00B,
|December 1-3||Upper-90-Challenge – 06B-GOLD & 02B|
|December 8-10||America’s Red, White, & Blue Cup Fields
06B NAVY, 06G, & 09G
Remember, we need player head counts 3 weeks prior to the tournament.
- 2 tournaments per year (weather permitting)–for teams with Birth years 2012 to 2008
- 3 tournaments per year (weather permitting)–for teams with Birth years 2007 to 2000
- Qualifying Tournaments are not applicable this year as the leagues move to age pure teams.
Potential tournament dates to block out: Nov. 11th – 13th, Nov 17th – 19th either Jan. 22nd – 24th (out of town for 7th graders and older) or Feb. 3rd – 5th, March 3rd-5th, April 15th, May 5th – 7th, May 12th – 14th (7 potential tourney weekend choices – TBA)
We want to share a few thoughts in preparation for tournaments.
In order for everyone to have a good experience at tournaments, we will need a minimum number of players (the number of player that play on the field plus 3 substitutes ex: 7 v 7 plus 3 subs = 10 or 11 v 11 plus 3 subs = 14) at practice the weeks leading up to the tournament and at the tournament itself. HPSA expects all players to be at all tournaments. Because there are a limited number of available tournament weekends that work around league schedules for the soccer year, if a particular team does not have the sufficient number of players to participate in a tournament they will not participate in that tournament and that tournament WILL count towards their total number of tournaments committed to for the year, also found online under the Registration>Player Registration Tab.
All tournaments are dependent on the number of teams that register and the weather. Some age groups may not have enough teams or the teams that do register may not offer the level of competition the coaches feel will match up well against a particular HPSA team. The HPSA coaches will make the final call on which teams finally participate in a given tournament. In the winter, we need to remain especially flexible due to the addition of more severe and longer lasting weather events.
Please be in constant communication with your Team Manager. Team Managers will have the coaches’ assignments for the weekend as the coaches may be coaching multiple teams and moving around from multiple venues. Please re-check your game schedule as they may have been updated. Please feel free to cheer on another HPSA team between your games.
Please be on time and at the game 45 minutes early, the players will have 15 minutes to take care of equipment, restroom breaks, social time, and then warm-ups start 30 minutes out. Please keep in mind that coaches are at multiple games and different parks, and may not be at warm-up promptly due to travel time in between parks and fields.
- Proper hydration is crucial for all players to be be ready for all games. Please avoid sodas during competition.
- Proper nutrition is also a factor, avoid big meals before games, stay away from junk food, please make sure that you do have breakfast even if your game is scheduled to play at 8am.
- Bring both colors in case we have a uniform conflict.
- Please ask your team manager about car pooling teammates and volunteer to help if you have the time and ability to do so! Car pooling efforts maybe the difference between having an extra player available for the contest.
- Sideline behavior must be at an all-time optimum, please refrain from addressing referees, teammates, other parents and opponents in a negative manner. Please support your team regardless of the outcome of the game!
A word on Guest Playing. NTTSSA feels guest playing for another competitive team during the regular season is disruptive and therefore requires your coach to sign off on an official NTSSA Guest Player Release Form. As stated on HPSA’s team fact sheet, HPSA does not allow any of our HPSA players to guest play, practice, or do skills with any other club team or coach during the regular season. After the regular season has ended, HPSA players are allowed to guest play at tournaments with other clubs as long as the tournament does not conflict with an HPSA tournament weekend. Please be aware that asking your coach to sign a guest player release form to pla for another team informs your coach that you are looking around for another team and your coach should also be looking to find your replacement.