Futsal is our winter training program for the 1st to 8th grade teams (10 to 04). The extra touches in the off-season will make a huge difference in your player’s individual ability and on his/her team development as well. It’s fast, fun and free (included in your annual dues).
City Futsal Winter II ~ MAP ~ FAQ’s ~ Rules Games 5 v 5 – Two 23 min halves – 46 minute games
*Some age groups have two HPSA teams/rosters which are open rosters i.e. players may move around or play up if we are missing players/need subs and some teams may play two games a day/weekend. For these teams your coaches and team managers will let you know of any roster changes. To view your team’s roster please click here.
A word about Futsal:
Technical aspects to look for within the game of Futsal:
- Players will challenge their own decision-making process
- First touch – Control skills will drastically improve
- The small sided game requires a refined touch and your ball control skills will be enhanced
- Fitness, quick foot work, coordination and agility will be at an optimum level during the Futsal season
- Combination plays and tactical awareness more prevalent and easier to coach in the game of Futsal
Futsal is the way the Brazilians play soccer, the perennial 5-time World Cup Champion, develops all of its youth through the game of Futsal and have produced some of the best players in the world including Neymar Jr. –2014 World Cup Star. This is also a great opportunity for us to achieve team chemistry as our HPSA Staff coaches will be available at games which is not readily available at other venues. Futsal is a blast and the kids report it’s one of the most fun events of the year!
We want to share a few thoughts in preparation of Futsal for those that are new to the game this winter. Click Here.